A common question asked around the PYM Office is, "Can I join the Leadership Team?"
It's a great question ... check out the information below and we'd love to explore the possibility with you!
Looking for the "Returning
(download it HERE)
There are three key areas where we have leadership opportunities:
- Mid-Week Programs (Junior and High School)
- Small Groups (PYM+ for Middle School and PYM Small Groups for High School)
- The Mid-Week Support Team (admin, food, setup and tear-down, etc)
You might be wondering if there are special skills that you need? Thankfully, abilities with the nunchucks aren't required skills at PYM!
What we are looking for is people who have a passion for spiritual growth, both in their own lives, and in the lives of students, and people who simply love middle school and/or high school students, and want to invest in their lives relationally, and spiritually.
So, still interested? Then you'll want to know how to apply ... and we promise that it will be pretty pain-less.
Here is what we need you to do:
- Download the Application Form for joining the leadership team (download HERE )
- Return the completed application to Parksville Baptist Church (address HERE)
- Download two copies of the Reference Form and have two people who know you well fill one each in and return them to Parksville Baptist Church (download HERE)
Once we've received and reviewed your Application and the two Reference Forms, we'll contact you to:
- Participate in an interview which we will set up with you after we've received your Application and References
- Complete a Criminal Record Check with the RCMP - Parksville Detachment (we provide you with this form following the interview)
Following the interview and receipt of the Criminal Record Check (a requirement for all those working with minors at Parksville Baptist Church) we'll let you know if your application has been accepted, and assuming it has, then comes the "Welcome Party!" (or maybe just a hug or handshake!!)
We hope to see you join the team!